Nortel Networks IP 2007 VoIP Phone
The Nortel IP 2007 VoIP Phone packs a lot of technology into an attractive and functional executive desk phone.
The biggest "WOW" feature of the IP 2007 is the 5.7" (12.7 x 17.8 cm) colour display which features enhanced contrast and can be viewed from wider angles than standard LCD displays.
It's WHAT you can use the display for though that makes the Nortel IP 2007 stand out. The "standard" display output is the usual business telephone functions - like your phone directory, autodial, message retrieval and more. However, through the "Applications" softkey, you can access other functions (if provided by your system) for such things as directions and road maps, company news, weather and even see who's at the front door by using the phone as the monitor for your security camera! The possibilities are incredible!
Other interesting features include the ability to add a USB keyboard to the IP 2007 to facilitate data entry to the internal phonebook and for other text messaging functions. The number of features available on your IP 2007 depends on the features available on your Nortel Communications Server.
Of course, the Nortel IP 2007 is a phone at heart, and conversation quality is given priority over mutlimedia applications.The features of the Nortel IP 2004 are integrated into the IP 2007, providing the same variety of telephone features one would expect from this class of phone.
* Up to twelve soft programmable line/feature keys presented within the display*
* Four state sensitive soft label keys presented within the display
* Virtual Network Computing (VNC) technology supports external application servers and multimedia application presentation
* Applications and Primary Applications softkeys provide quick access to registered applications via external application servers
* Integrated touch-screen, on-screen popup keyboard and a USB port for mouse, keyboard and hub support offers flexible navigation of menus and data entry
* Integrated “StylusValet” for convenient access and storage to IP Phone 2007 styli (one stylus comes standard with phone)
* Tools softkey delivers single click access to configuration, diagnostic and user preference menus
* Backlit LCD with local contrast and brightness settings offers enhanced viewing angles
* Configurable backlight timer extends display life with 5, 10, 15, 20 minute, 1 and 2 hour settings. “Sleep never” setting for 24x7 environments.
* Built-in amplifier for direct connection of amplified and unamplified headsets
* Integrated 10/100 Base-T switch supports collocating a PC for single LAN “drop” connections
* Power over Ethernet and Local AC power options for choice in powering
* Up to 650 telephony features as delivered from Nortel Communication Servers*
* Wideband capable speaker technology**
* “SIP ready”***
* Desktop or wall mountable
* Color: Charcoal with metallic bezel
* Number of features is Nortel Communication Server dependent
** Requires Nortel Communication Server support for wideband
*** SIP support planned via future firmware download
The IP 2007 Internet Telephone is supported by multiple Nortel Networks communication systems including Business Communications Manager 200 and 400 Servers with Release 3.7 and later, Succession* 1000 Release 3.0; Communication Server 1000 Release 4.0 and later and Multimedia Communication Server 5100 Release 3.5.